Thursday 5 March 2015

My First Trip to a Models Own Bottleshop!



For months I have been envious of all the cities which are lucky enough to call themselves home to a Models Own Bottleshop. Living in Manchester you'd think it would be easy to source Models Own nail polish yet it can be surprisingly difficult! 

In the summer when Models Own had disappeared from Boots stores and was being introduced to Superdrug there was not one store in central Manchester which had Models Own in stock; even the Trafford Centre's Superdrug was awaiting its stand. Fortunately now the larger Superdrug stores have a decent selection to choose from but that doesn't stop my jealousy!


Superdrug stand Manchester


I'd been meaning to visit a Bottleshop for ages but always felt they were too far away. However, to my surprise it was only around a 45 minute drive to White Rose shopping centre in Leeds. 
I'd seen images of Bottleshops online many times but that didn't stop my excitement going into overdrive when I first spotted the iconic Models Own logo. The Bottleshop was beautiful. When I first entered I was greeted by a very knowledgeable and friendly sales assistant who gave me a free Black Kohl Eyeliner Pencil which retails at £3.99 (not sure if this always happens but still, winner!). 


Photo credit: www.modelsownit.com

The Bottleshop had plenty of polishes in stock, including the new Spring Hypergels and the hugely popular Colour Chrome range. There are colours for everyone and stock of Models Own many non-polish accessories too! One thing that really caught my eye were the exclusive collection boxes as I'd never seen those before. There was a set of Diamond Luxe, Pastels vs. Neon and also some of the early Hypergels. These collections are beautiful, and at £30.00 for 10 polishes an absolute steal!

After much debate I decided to make the most of the 5 for £20.00 offer and purchase Colour Chrome in Rose and Indigo and three of the new Spring Hypergels; Paradise Pink, Powder Blue and Prude Nude. Even better still, my purchase came in a beautiful neon Models Own bag which was very cute!




I loved every part of my Bottleshop experience and can't wait to visit again!

Imogen x


2 comments:

  1. The bottles shops are adorable and I've got to admit that models own is my fave nail varnish brand too :) (though barryM comes in a close second!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are, aren't they, such a cool idea. :) I'm totally the same! I love both brands! x

    ReplyDelete